HOME     ABOUT ME

Friday, October 21, 2011

Celebrating 20 Years!

We recently passed a milestone...our 20th wedding anniversary! I have heard from several friends who passed that same milestone and they did nothing special to celebrate. That made me sad. I really like to celebrate important dates/achievements/completions/milestones!

We decided 10 months ago that we would celebrate by going to Paris! We had both been to Paris before, just never together. Plus I had this wish of going to the very TOP of the Eiffel tower. Twenty-one years ago I had gone to the second level, but never to the top. So Michael and I had decided years ago to go to the top together.

As a special treat we also decided we would eat at the Jules Verne which is a one Michelin star restaurant located on the second level.



The trip proved to be as magical as we had imagined it would be. We visited Ile-de-la-Cite' and Notre Dame, Sainte Chappelle and le Musee du Louvre. 





We walked all over, rented bikes and biked around, took a cruise on the Seine and a tour on Les Cars Rouges.




























We rode the metro up to Montmartre and visited Sacre Coeur and saw le Moulin Rouge. We feasted on pain au chocolat, cafe', croissants, steak frittes, fromages, baguettes, vin.... and more!






But perhaps the most memorable experience was the time spent on the Eiffel tower since it WAS the whole point of the trip!

 Taxi ride to the tour to make our 1:00 lunch reservations.


 20 years and counting....!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys were able to do that, and enjoy yourselves despite the missing luggage. It brings back such memories to see your pictures. I love Paris, and can't wait to be able to show it to my husband one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Anniversary!! LOVE the photos! You are both an inspiration! Thanks for all you do around our church to model such a great marriage and family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!