HOME     ABOUT ME

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pickled Peppers

My neighbor's garden is bulging with banana peppers and before he left for a month long trip, he offered his garden's bounty to us. Today I dropped in to see what was ripe and was amazed at the quantity of peppers! However, besides slicing them into salads, I didn't know what else to do with them. A quick Google search tuned up a recipe for pickled peppers which are supposedly tasty on subs, pizza and sandwiches. The procedure was quite easy and there were only five ingredients.
 Slice the peppers into rings. Boil 2 cups of white vinegar with 2/3 cups of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon each of mustard seeds and celery seeds and bring to a rolling boil. Fill jars with the peppers and fill with vinegar mixture (be careful not to breathe in the potent mixture!)
Voila'! We shall see how they taste! He's got a ton more peppers in his garden. If these are truly as yummy as they sound, I may be doing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!