HOME     ABOUT ME

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chicken Legs in Wine Sauce

I needed an easy chicken recipe the other night so I was trolling through my favorite website, My Recipes when I found this recipe. The flavors were wrong for what I needed, so I decided to swap out some ingredients and come up with my own version. It came out great! (Sorry I don't have a picture...we dug in and there was nothing left!)

Chicken in Wine Sauce

Slice an onion and a pepper (I had a cubanelle but any green/red pepper would do or you could even leave it out as the original recipe does) and saute' in olive oil in a non-stick pan for 3 mins. Remove from pan. In the meantime, create the following spice mixture:

1 t onion powder
1 t garlic salt
1 t summer savory
1/2 t paprika

Sprinkle on chicken legs (or any other cut) and cook in pan, browning on all sides.

Add 1/2 cup red wine and 2 T red wine vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup chicken broth (or water mixed with bouillon which is what I did). Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 mins. This makes a nice sauce which would be great over rice or mashed potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!