HOME     ABOUT ME

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

First week of Create 28!

I realized I never published the first week summary! Oops! Here it is!

The stylish Carrie of A Lovely Little Wardrobe has been giving some great guidance on how to style certain pieces, shopping from our own closets. She has great tips and I've been having a lot of fun trying out her recommendations. Here are the looks I styled this past week:

 1. Your favorite look - Sunday
           I chose to style a favorite outfit combo for a church day. I took my usual formula of skirt+tshirt+cardigan+scarf for color and changed it up by adding a knit blazer and heels.
2. A monochromatic look - Monday
          I went with grey for my monochromatic look, styling grey skinny jeans, a grey polka dot top with a grey bf cardigan and a light grey scarf. I added red quilted flats for interest.
3. A neutral look - Tuesday
          My neutral look was also monochromatic. I wanted to do a lighter color, like white or cream but it was cold this day so I went with what I have in my closet: navy. I paired dark skinny jeans with a navy sweater layered over a light blue tank and a blue ombre scarf. I wore leopard print flats since they are a neutral.
4. A colored bottoms look - Wednesday
          I bought these red jeans last year and I've gotten so much mileage out of them! I paired them with a black/white flannel shirt and did a little pattern mixing with the leopard flats.
5. A dots look - Thursday
          I just love polkadots and I love how this top has a contrasting wrist on the inside. I paired it with black jeans and a red puffer vest for a pop of color and my trusty leopard flats for more pattern mixing (can you tell I was out of town and limited in my shoe choices?)
6. Show your denim - Friday
         It was cold again this day so I paired bf jeans with lots of layers! A tank under a grey turtleneck sweater under a denim jacket and black boots kept me warm.
7. Your favorite cardigan or cozy sweater look - Saturday
          I realized I forgot to get a picture of this look. I paired jeans with a brown sweater under a waterfall cardigan for this busy errand-filled day.

8. Style a skirt - Sunday
          Since Carrie styled a pencil skirt, I decided to do the same. I've had this skirt for years but it's so simple and classic that it's timelss. I paired it with a light blue shirt and a tweedy blazer. Instead of wearing heels, I wore black tights and tall black boots. Off to church!

Next week will be tricky. I'm traveling for work and I'll be wearing a uniform on two days. So on those days I won't participate in the challenge. But I'll do as many as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!