HOME     ABOUT ME

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Lemon Chicken Piccata

When your Meyer lemon tree provides you with lots of lemons, how is a gal to use them all up? The first thing that came to mind was Lemon Chicken. So I jumped on the trusty ol' Pinterest and did a quick search. Yup. LOTS of ideas came up! As I scanned the recipes, I wanted something that was not complicated and that did not have a lot of ingredients. Bingo. Found itBut I also wanted it to be "on plan" so I had to make a few adjustments to make it so. First of all, I eliminated the flour. I could have subbed some other on-plan flour but I just didn't want to. I pan fried the chicken cutlets (I made 8) in a tablespoon of butter.  

Cooked them in batches of 3
Then once they were all cooked (but not necessarily cooked through), I removed them from the pan and added a sliced shallot and let that brown up a bit. Then I deglazed the pan with some chardonnay (about 1/2 cup I reckon...I eyeballed it). Added in the juice of one Meyer lemon and then added the chicken back in, sprinkled it with salt, added a tad more wine and placed the lid on top. Simmered it about 15 minutes so that the insides were cooked through. [Side note: I love my Le Creuset pan that my dad found at a thrift store for $5.]

I served the chicken with zucchini fries and a salad dressed with black currant mustard vinaigrette. Tomorrow I'll share that quick and easy recipe with you!
Buon appetito!
One of my favorite sayings: "I love cooking with wine! Sometimes I even add it to the food!" certainly applies here. Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate your thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy reading each one!